The Experience to Build a Better Conveyor
We have amassed vast design and application knowledge over our 40 year history. We understand the affects chain pull, speed, torque, bulk density, and temperature can have on a conveyors performance. We know the layout configurations that will provide optimum performance and longevity. We engineer the detailed components into our conveyors that make inspection and maintenance easy over the lifetime of the conveyor. Like our chain, our conveyors are designed and built to last. Each conveyor we engineer will deliver the best performance at the lowest cost of ownership.
All CDM conveyors are engineered on a per suit basis to ensure suitability for the specific application. Our conveyors are engineered to withstand the rigors of the harsh industrial applications they were designed to serve. We believe it is important to understand the true difference in a CDM system in design, materials of construction, quality of workmanship and QA/QC procedures.
The Three Most Important Components of the Conveyor are:
DRIVE AND TERMINAL
- Chain – The chain is the primary component within the conveyor and has to withstand the demands of the conveying requirements while providing reliable performance and long life. See the chemical analysis below.
- Housing – The casing must contain the material and resist abrasion. Our conveyor designs offer the best of both by providing:
- Heavy A.R.S. Construction; typical materials of construction are 320-360 BHN sidewalls and 320-360 BHN bottom plates for abrasive applications
- S.S. Construction for corrosive applications or a combination of materials for specific applications
- Proper bolt spacing and gasketing of the troughs and stations
- Access panels and inspection doors are effectively gasketed to ensure dust and weather tight construction
- Using packing gland style shaft seals for very fine or fluid materials
- Overlapping of bottom plates adds structural integrity and produces a joint that is straight and dust tight
- Drive and Terminal
- Drive Station: Induction hardened segmental replaceable teeth, outboard pillow block bearings, packing gland seals when necessary
- Terminal Station: Induction hardened segmental replaceable idler rims, outboard pillow spring loaded screw take-ups, packing glands seals when necessary