Industry Knowledge Delivered
Having a superior chain formulation is only beneficial if the chain design is selected properly and the conveyor engineered around the chain fits the application conveyor and material handling system design, also must account for the total ownership needs of the plant. At CDM we are the industry standard for chain and conveyors because we take the time to ask all pertinent application questions and we make sure we understand the application before making a recommendation.
Our Core Design Principles
– The success or failure of drag chain conveyor design depends on the balance of internal components to the application and material handled
– Understand as much material and environmental data before addressing the components
– When selecting conveyor design elements the following is critical:
- Durability – wear resistance
- Reliability – components that match the design criteria will provide long service life
- Ultimate Strength – This is the measuring stick not the end goal, to be evaluated accurately we also consider;
- Impact Resistance – proven core and case hardness
- Fatigue – wear related to cycling and work loads
- Wear Resistance – product abrasion, speed, articulation vs. high acceptable core and case hardness
Material Handling for a Wide Range of Process Industries
Drag Chain Conveyors are used in a wide range of applications. CDM has been serving processors across the industrial sector for decades. Each conveyor is engineered to meet the specific needs of a given application and results in a conveyor that moves volumes of material reliably and effectively with a low cost of ownership.
- Fossil Fuel Power Utilities – Coal Truck and Rail Systems, Bunker Distribution and Draw-Off, Coal and Ash Recovery Conveyors, Bottom Ash, Precipitators, Economizers, High-Temperature Applications
- RDF (Waste to Energy) – Boiler Feed Systems and Ash Recovery Systems
- Chemical Plants – Raw Fertilizers, Finished Products, Truck and Rail Systems, Silo Distribution and Draw-Off
- Cement Industry – Raw Meal, Rock, Limestone, Cement Klinker from Kilns, Rejects from Mill Crushers, Finished Cement
- Pulp and Paper Industry – Wood Chip Handling, Boiler Feeds, Ash Recovery, Bottom Ash, Precipitators, Economizers
- Hazardous Waste Facilities – Earth/Ash Recovery from Kilns, Medical and Chemicals
- Grain Export Terminals – Marine Leg Unloaders, Truck and Rail Receiving, Bin Distribution and Draw-Off Conveyors and Elevating, Ship Loading Booms
- Cereals, Flours, Feeds – Same as Grain Terminal with the addition of conveyors for Filter Cake, Desolventizer Toasters, Extractors, Steep Tanks, Vegetable Oils, Corn Fructose, Malt and Brewing
- Mining Industries – Receiving, Primary and Secondary Crushers, Elevating, Smelting, Precipitators, Dewatering, Loadout etc.
- Steel, Light Ore’s Industry – Batteries, Roasters, Leaching Systems, All Transfer Conveyors etc.